EOI is a free online system to submit an expression of intent via SkillSelect on the Department website. All EOI will be saved in the system for 2 years, each EOI only has 2 opportunities to be invited to apply for a visa and must lodge an application within 60 days after being invited. Otherwise the invitation will be forfeited.
Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection will give an entry deadline when issuing a permanent visa for the new migrants. The date is usually 1 year after the visa grant date or the health examination result date. Applicants and their family need to enter into Australia before the entry deadline.
1. Not yet turned 50 years of age.
2. At least competent English (achieve 6 in all bands in IELTS or other equivalent tests)
3. Nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
4. Obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
5. At least 12 months’ work experience in a relevant field of the past 24 month immediately before lodging the application.
AIDS, tuberculosis (active), mental illness, mental retardation, a variety of acute and chronic infectious diseases (for example hepatitis B carriers), above the average level of disability, serious health effects of the disease.
All documents submitted by the applicant are likely to be investigated. Applicant’s work experience is most likely to be investigated. They usually copy and post or fax the documents to the issuing company and ask for verification. If the department decides that there is a need for further verification, the relevant embassies will be contacted to obtain further proof that validates your submitted documents.